Science and Technology
This project will address the establishment of a viable Science and Innovation ecosystem for the country
especially by integrating the use of science
and technology in the agricultural, housing and roads and solar power projects in this Plan.
Key aspects of the project are as follows:
- Monitoring and Review of the National Policy on Science, Technology and Innovation to attain nationally-defined objectives
- Acquisition and application of Science, Technology and Innovation to increase agricultural and livestock productivity
- Increasing energy reliance through sustainable Research and Development (R & D) in renewable and alternative energy sources
- Establishment of programmes for utilisation and commercialisation of research outputs from Federal Institutes by Small Business.
- Establishment of Science and Technology Parks across the Country